top of page

Top 5 Eating Tips For 2021

1. Start your day with a healthy well balanced meal. Starting your day with a healthy choice sets your stage for the day. Try 2 eggs with ¼ of an avocado for a healthy fat source, a bowl of oatmeal with fresh berries, or a healthy protein shake blended with almond milk, frozen berries and greens.

2. Drink plenty of water. Oftentimes hunger can be mistaken for dehydration. If you are feeling hungry during the day, drink a full glass of water, wait 5 – 10 minutes and see if you are still feeling hungry. Just hydrating does the trick!

3. If you do need a snack during the day, grab a healthy choice! Make sure your house is stocked with plenty of fresh fruit, berries and apples being the best choice. Hard boiled eggs are a quick and easy protein source. Boil 6 eggs and keep your fridge stocked. Plain Greek yogurt with fresh berries is another choice. Flavored yogurts are packed with sugar. Sweeten your own way with freshly sliced strawberries and blueberries!

4. My favorite go to meal and snack that has been a lifesaver for all of my clients over the years is a healthy frittata. Made with fresh eggs, sautéed ground turkey, your favorite vegetables and flavored with your favorite spices, this protein packed easy meal can be made ahead of time and can serve you and your family for up to a week. Served hot or cold, as a meal with a salad or a quick snack on the go, this is the perfect quick and easy go to food. You will find the full recipe at the end of this attachment.

5. Everything in moderation. We hear this phrase a lot and oftentimes it’s hard to understand what that means. EveryBODY is different. The type of “moderation” that one person can handle may not be the same for the next person. What is important to know is that no one can be perfect all the time and if you try to hold yourself to those standards it will backfire and you will set yourself back further than where you started. I like to use an 80/20 rule, eating clean and healthy 80% of the time and allowing yourself to enjoy “worth it” foods the other 20 %.

49 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page